- There are various species of cockroaches present in the world. In Regina and Saskatoon most common specie is German cockroach. These cockroaches are light tan to brown in color and even though they have fully developed wings they do not fly. They are most often identified by the dark parallel lines that run from the back of their heads to their wings. These cockroaches are often found invading kitchens and bathrooms since they prefer a moist living environment.
- These cockroaches like to hide, feed and breed in food prep areas, kitchen and washrooms and any other area where they can have access to water and food.
- This specie has capability to reproduce very rapidly. One adult female and its off-springs can grow to over thirty thousand in number in one year.
- This is a nocturnal insect.
- Size of adult is ½ Inch and Nymph 1/16 inch
- Color is light brown
- Life stages Egg-Nymph-Adult
Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
Cockroaches can bite but typically don’t. They are considered too dangerous but for another reason and that’s because they stop by sewers, dumpsters and trash cans and garbage disposals (along with other suspect areas) before making their way into homes and businesses. Because they pick up dangerous bacteria including Salmonella on their legs, they may introduce health hazards including vomiting, fever, and diarrhea. Their feces and shed skins may also cause serious asthma attack in people and especially in young children and the elderly.
Why Do I Have Roach Problem?
In most cases cockroach infestations are a result of poor sanitation practices. Food items that are left out or not cleaned up from floors, trash areas, etc. are a great food source. In multi-unit buildings, cockroaches can migrate from an infested unit to other units in the building.
DIY Get Rid Of Roaches
That’s a great question and we have the answer give us a shout. Our pest control professionals have the tools, knowledge and experience to address cockroach infestations. We do spray treatment as well as gel and dust treatment to get rid of cockroaches.
Is The Treatment Safe?
Safetech Pest Control uses the least amount of material as possible while still resolving the problem. We use chemical products, baits and powder means as a form of cockroach treatment whenever possible. We follow very stringent guidelines for the use of the product so that it poses no threat to people or pets. All products are registered by the PMRA. Our service technicians will inform you of any specific safety measures that need to be taken.
How Much Does The Pest Control Service Cost?
The cost of service depends on the level of infestation, amount of clutter and other time consuming factors.
What is The Warranty?
Warranty varies due to the severity and possibility of control. Your service technician will discuss this with you before service.
How Can I Prevent A Cockroach Problem In The Future?
For preventing any facility from cockroach infestation here are a few tips:
- Spot any cracks or openings in the infested area and seal it.
- Before bringing in any used furniture or appliances / electronics item make sure these are free from any infestation.
- Before bringing any groceries, be extra careful you may bring cockroaches from grocery stores with food or packaging.
- Look for any eggs capsules on any part kitchen cabinets and appliances like refrigerator, oven, microwave and dishwasher.
- Fix any moisture issues including leaking pipes or appliances, poor ventilation and high humidity areas.
- Pay close attention to your waste. Trash cans should be covered with tight fitting lids. Do not let dumpsters become surrounded by crates, boxes and trash.
- Food storage is important! Don’t leave food out on counters but rather store appropriately.
If you have more questions, please call Safetech Pest Control @ (306) 351-2881